There are many different types of delivery methods available, each with their own special purpose. In this article, we'll take a look at the Citrix desktop delivery method.
In this article
Also in this section
There are no sub-sections to this page
There are many different ways in which an application can be delivered to an end user and which one you choose to use could depend on a number of factors such as the type of device they are using, who owns the device or where they are physically located, as a few examples. The Citrix desktop delivery method is available to Windows devices and is a great way of delivering Windows applications to devices that wouldn't usually be capable of running that application.
Before you start
A Citrix environment must be configured by following Adding a Citrix environment. A Desktop must also be created in AppsAnywhere Admin > Desktops.
All delivery methods share some basic, common settings that you will need to understand before continuing. Make sure you have read the Common Delivery Method Settings article before continuing.
Once you understand the common settings and how they work, navigate to the desktop to be configured:
- Log into AppsAnywhere as an admin user
- Click on Return to Admin to access the AppsAnywhere admin portal
- On the navigation menu at the top of the page, go to Desktops
- Click Edit next to the required desktop
Creating the delivery method
Adding a new delivery method:
- On the desktop management page, select the Delivery Methods tab
- Under the list of current delivery methods, click the Add New Delivery Method button
- Select Citrix: Desktop from the Add Delivery Method screen
- Click Add or double click the delivery method
- The form for adding a new Citrix Desktop delivery method will then load up on the right-hand side
- Complete the required details (described below)
- Set the Operating System Compatibilities and the Restrictions for the delivery method
- Click Save
If the save was successful, you will see the form replaced with the following message and your new delivery method will be added to the bottom of the list on the left-hand side
If there were any errors with the data you entered, you will be prompted to correct these before you can continue.
Delivery Method Fields
The following table describes each field and setting available for this delivery method, it's intended value and an example for each
|Field Name||Description||Intended Value||Example|
|Citrix Pro Server Environment||The Citrix Environment from which the application will be served. field provides a list of currently configured Citrix Environments.||Select the appropriate environment from the list which the published application is defined within||"Central Citrix Environment"|
|Resource Name||The "Display Name" of the published desktop defined within the Citrix Delivery Group||The display name from the Citrix environment||Client desktop|
|Launch Method||The launch method the AppsAnywhere Client will use to start the application via the Citrix Receiver/Workspace App||By default the Environment Default launch method is used, however a specific launch method for the application can be selected if required.|
Now that your delivery method is in the list of those available, it is important that you prioritize it accordingly to determine exactly when it will be used.
To understand this process completely, take a look at the Prioritizing delivery methods article.