There are many different types of delivery methods available, each with their own special purpose. In this article, we'll take a look at the Citrix Cloudpaged delivery method.
In this article
Also in this section
There are no sub-sections to this page
There are many different ways in which an application can be delivered to an end user and which one you choose to use could depend on a number of factors such as the type of device they are using, who owns the device or where they are physically located, as a few examples. The Citrix Cloudpaged delivery method is available to Windows devices and triggers the locally installed Citrix Workspace app to initiate the delivery of a Cloudpaged app into the terminal server environment and then present it to the user.
Before you start
All delivery methods share some basic, common settings that you will need to understand before continuing. Make sure you have read the Common Delivery Method Settings article before continuing.
Once you understand the common settings and how they work, navigate to the application to be configured:
- Log into AppsAnywhere as an admin user
- Click on Return to Admin to access the AppsAnywhere admin portal
- On the navigation menu at the top of the page, go to Applications > Manage Applications
- Click Edit next to the required application
Creating the delivery method
Adding a new delivery method:
- On the application management page, select the Delivery Methods tab
- Under the list of current delivery methods, click the Add New Delivery Method button
- Select Citrix: Cloudpaged from the Add Delivery Method screen
- Click Add or double click the delivery method
- The form for adding a new Citrix native delivery method will then load up on the right-hand side
- Complete the required details (described below)
- Set the Operating System Compatibilities and the Restrictions for the delivery method
- Click Save
If the save was successful, you will see the form replaced with the following message and your new delivery method will be added to the bottom of the list on the left-hand side
If there were any errors with the data you entered, you will be prompted to correct these before you can continue.
Delivery Method Fields
The following table describes each field and setting available for this delivery method, it's intended value and an example for each
|Citrix Pro Server Environment||The Citrix Environment from which the application will be served. field provides a list of currently configured Citrix Environments.||Select the appropriate environment from the list which the published application is defined within||"Central Citrix Environment"|
The name of the AppsAnywhere Launcher published application in the Citrix environment
This field is pre-populated with the AppsAnywhereLauncher published application name
If this was changed in Citrix, the value must be updated to the correct name
|Launch Method||The launch method the AppsAnywhere Client will use to start the application via the Citrix Receiver/Workspace App||By default the Environment Default launch method is used, however a specific launch method for the application can be selected if required.|
|Cloudpaging Delivery Method||This field contains a list of Cloudpaging delivery methods configured for the application|
Select the appropriate Cloudpaging delivery method
Now that your delivery method is in the list of those available, it is important that you prioritize it accordingly to determine exactly when it will be used.
To understand this process completely, take a look at the Prioritizing delivery methods article.